since i haven't been on a computer for the past week, i didn't post my thankful thoughts...but tonight, i have a few minutes -- jon said i couldn't go to sleep at 7pm...
11. salsa - we had tacos tonight from a little place - tacos with pineapple salsa. i love love love salsa. so amazing.
10. a safe helicopter ride. on monday we took a helicopter tour of kauai. it was amazing. so amazing that i wasn't even scared because it was beyond breathtakingly beautiful. i figured if we crashed that at least it would be in happiness. i was still thankful when we landed safe and sound as the weather was a little crazy this last week. yesterday a helicopter crashed off of the island of maui (well molokai to be exact) killing 4 tourists and the pilot. they are still determining the cause, though it is likely that a sudden downpour had an effect. i was thankful before...but last night i was extra thankful when my sweet dad called to make sure we were ok and told me about what he had heard on the news. crazy to know that just a few days before it could have easily been you. anytime, anyone, any place. i am thankful for each day. each moment.
9. starbucks pumpkin spice latte's -- especially when they are calming my soul
8. the best gluten free bread i have ever had made into a delicious supper sandwich - freshly made from the living foods market on kauai.
7.little coffee shops that make me happy - little fish coffee in hanapepe. - your homemade chai and delicious musabi warmed my soul.
6. outdoor dining - especially when you can hear and see the ocean - but my patio at home is just as fabulous
5. nature. beautiful canyons. fresh pineapple, papaya, and apple bananas
4. macadamia nuts - oh my goodness. i am an addict.
3. airport staff who go the extra mile to make sure you get on your plane and your bags follow.
we are having a lovely time on our trip. i don't think i have ever ate so much dessert in a one week period. period.